TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops say Cat Walk is very beneficial..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops say Cat Walk is very beneficial..
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-06-2014 04:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a real upper and gets the Cat's psyched up and hopefully ready to play at their very best.

When Kentucky hosted South Carolina and No. 1 Mississippi State earlier this season, big crowds greeted the players as they entered Commonwealth Stadium each time during the pregame Cat Walk.

Kentucky hosts Georgia in its final home game Saturday at noon and still needs one win for bowl eligibility after losing three straight games to drop to 5-4. Coach Mark Stoops said Wednesday that big Cat Walk crowds add to the atmosphere for his players.

“Any time our fans are excited and anxious and it’s packed, sure, I think it helps a great deal, along with the atmosphere in the stadium,” said Stoops on the Southeastern Conference teleconference. “So, yeah, I think it helps.

“I think a big part of that is how our team plays as well the week before and leading up to it and all that, and we didn’t play our best this past week (in a loss at Missouri). So hopefully our fans will still be out there. I’m sure they will. They’ve been loyal and energetic and all year and I look forward to our last game at home with our seniors. We’re excited about this week and look forward to a great atmosphere.”

Quarterback Patrick Towles said the atmosphere when UK lost 45-31 to No. 1 Mississippi State was “awesome and electric” from start to finish.

“It was the loudest I have heard in a long time in the stadium. Kudos to fans who came out. We really appreciated it,” Towles said after the game.

It was the same at the pregame Cat Walk.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com