TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops not happy about giving up big plays

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops not happy about giving up big plays
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-05-2014 08:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The defense is going to have to be on top of their game if we have any chance of beating the Bulldogs.

Kentucky has had trouble stopping the run this year and Georgia is one of the best running teams in the Southeastern Conference going into Saturday’s game at UK.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops knows statistics are to “some extent” an indicator that stopping Georgia could be a difficult task for his team.

“It is what it is. We’ve had some games where it hasn’t been too impressive if you look at the statistics. I look at a lot of times what that team’s averaging. So if you look at Mississippi State and you look at LSU, they run the ball quite successfully on a lot of people,” said Stoops Wednesday. “So you have to also take into consideration that. I also look at a lot of things we did well in those games. I look at certain … we just need to be more consistent with our run defense. It’s not like it’s just terrible the whole game.”

Stoops said the biggest problem has been giving up too many big plays.

“That’s not uncommon when you’re playing teams that are so physical with such talented running backs and that continue to run it. If you look at our LSU game, I want to say they had 51 attempts, and Mississippi State had quite a few as well,” Stoops said. “So very good teams that are very physical.

“Georgia, much the same. Very physical team. Extremely talented backs. And again, one of those teams that have great balance. So you can’t just load up. They can hurt you through the air as well. So it’ll be a real challenge.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com