TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » What will it take for the Cats to win a road game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What will it take for the Cats to win a road game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-29-2014 12:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who knows it "might" be against Missouri on Saturday.

Kentucky has not won a true road game in coach Mark Stoops’ two seasons and no player on the UK roster has ever been involved a road win other than at a neutral site.

Stoops and his players hope to change that at Missouri Saturday when they could become bowl eligible with a win.

“A lot of things comes down to what I talked about with the toughness and the mentality and the discipline that we have because there is no excuses, there is no reason not to play our very best and have that attitude about us (on the road),” said Stoops. “Nobody is going to hand you over any victories.

“You gotta go earn them and you gotta win them and you got to get on the road and get on the plane with a tough mentality about you, and our players have to play at the highest level they can and that was the message to them when I met with them.

Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk presents problems for the UK defense.

“I think he’s a guy that has a great feel for the game. He can throw the football and he I think he does a very good job of buying time, having that feel in the pocket and making plays when they need to,” Stoops said. “He’s just a very good player.

“As opposed to a year ago they lost some big wide receivers, so they’re younger but I still think they’re just very good and well coached. They really want to be balanced. They’re almost dead even again, run and pass, so he’s just a good football player.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-29-2014 01:28 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Running backs and QB cant fumble. Receivers need to hold onto the ball. Defense has to do more form tackling (ie wrapping the runner up with their arms and driving through the player, rather than just delivering a blow and hoping they fall down)...

Oh yeah, it would help if the QB wouldn't pitch a tent in the pocket all day long and take unnecessary sacks.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-29-2014 05:31 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Call me crazy, but I think the Cats win this one. Not impressed with Mizzou vs Vandy. The game against UF was a Gator special teams and turnover implosion.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-29-2014 06:33 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WE NEED TO SETTLE ON 1 OR 2 RUNNING BACKS, WE ARE PLAYING TOO MANY BACKS, WHAT IT WILL TAKE FOR US TO WIN ON THE ROAD IS SIMPLE, WE MUST CONTROL BOTH LINES OF SCRIMMAGE, IF U DO THAT AND RUN THE BALL U WIN, BUT U CANT RUN EAST TO WEST U GOT TO OPEN HOLES AND RUN IT BETWEEN THE TACKLES. U GOT TO BE ABLE TO RUN THE FOOTBALL IN THE SEC OR ANY LEAGUE EVEN HIGH SCHOOL TO WIN. JMO

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com