TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » MAKE TACKLES!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MAKE TACKLES!
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-25-2014 06:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the Cats could make a tackle now and then, we'd be at least tied in this game. Missed 8 tackles on one running play. Now they get about a 70 yard running touchdown. Disappointed to say the least.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-25-2014 06:53 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That long touchdown should have been stopped in the backfield, missed tackle at point of handoff from quarterback cost them a touchdown. At least they are not totally embarrassing themselves on CBS National TV. Towles is a very good quarterback, needs a running game to go along with his skills. Has anyone made any rushing yardage except him today?

Miss State are a very good team but I don't think they are the best team in the country.

[ 10-25-2014, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-25-2014 06:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And catch a damn pass!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-25-2014 07:20 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh well. I think they beat the spread. I would not have taken UK and the points!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-25-2014 07:33 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not a bad showing against #1, considering two of their touchdowns were on give-aways!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-25-2014 07:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sometimes life gets in the way of watching football. I got to listen to the biggest part of the ball game.
Between working right up until time for kickoff and assisting my oldest child and her fiance' Move some hay to feed their cattle with. I saw KY's last series before the kneel downs to finish the game.
Sounds like we played respectable. Especially Towles! What a game that young man had!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-25-2014 07:57 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That special teams coach we have has to go. and I agree with scwc. miss. st is not best team in country had we tackled and caught a few more balls we win, but we do have best qb in sec. I know I have said things about his happy feet. lol but I was wrong Towels will play on sunday.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-26-2014 06:00 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As usual Green Bean, you and I are on the same page. I wondered about Towles abilities early in the season but not now. That kid is a player and you are right, he will play on Sunday's once his UK career is over.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-26-2014 07:27 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This years team is hard to predict. Yhe offense laid an egg against LSU, but put points on the board against State.

The D played terrible against the run in this game.

The receivers dropped passes or had them stripped by defenders, too many times.

Towles made mistakes, but carried the team on his shoulders with deep passes and strong runs. He held the ball a long time and didn't step up at the right time in the pocket, getting sacked what 5 or 6 times. The sacks were his fault, holding the ball too long. That being said, the young man is tough as nails and has no lack of confidence. He did miss a few deep routes that would have been TDs. One ended up being a long gain, but could have been a TD, had he led the receiver a bit. I am stating this, because I wonder if he will take a huge leap forward, next season.?

I don't know if any of you would agree with me on this, but I still say the best QB on the team is the young kid that is being red shirted. I think he should be platooned, next year with Towles playing TE and QB.

As for the TE position, they have a kid that is a Senior juco transfer that was supposed to be a star this year. He is a big kid with lots of speed but has dropped balls on big plays in several games. They have a talented kid coming and also have one red shirting this year. It would be nice to have a few TEs that can catch as well as block.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com