TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops counting on a great enviroment

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops counting on a great enviroment
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-24-2014 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The fans will be there in mass and will support the players and coachs as long as there is a sliver of a chance of winning. Go Cats!

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops hopes Commonwealth Stadium will have a special atmosphere for Saturday’s game with No. 1 Mississippi State.

“I think we’re starting to create a great environment at home and we’re looking forward to that, so obviously, always a lot nicer playing at home than at some of these venues in the SEC,” Stoops said. “It’s pretty challenging. So hopefully we’ll get some good home-field advantage and it will help us.”

Stoops isn’t sure playing the No. 1 team is that much bigger than many SEC games UK faces.

“A big game’s a big game. You kind of feel it in the air and the energy and the practice and the focus, so they’re really all big games,” he said. “Once you get to the point where we’re doing what we’re doing and trying to win a bunch of games, then they’re all important. We’ve got a tough stretch and this is our next one.”

Stoops says there is no doubt about State deserving its ranking.

“Well, they definitely look like the No. 1 team. They’re the only team that’s defeated three top 10s in a row, so they deserve it. They look like a complete football team to me, so how they respond I have no idea,” Stoops said.

“I’ve been on No. 1 teams before. There’s always going to be ups and downs, whether you’re one or not. It’s just a matter of how you manage it and how they play.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com