TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Spurrier possible Florida coach?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spurrier possible Florida coach?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-21-2014 09:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His name is being mentioned and it's a possibility.

Speculation about Florida’s next coach has been rampant as the countdown to Will Muschamp’s eventual firing begins.

CBSSports.com’s Dennis Dodd decided to do a little troll job on Florida fans last week by suggesting that perhaps Steve Spurrier might be the best person for the gig.

Let the speculation begin regarding Muschamp's replacement and let it begin with Steve Spurrier. How cool would it be if Spur Dog ends his career as sort of a "bridge" to the next guy at Florida? Who knows, the way he's going Spurrier might last another 10 years. He's 69, looks 49 and all he wants to do is win.

Spurrier was Florida’s coach from 1990-2001 and led the Gators to five SEC titles and the team’s first-ever national championship in 1996. He left Florida for the NFL before eventually landing at South Carolina where he’s been since 2005.

Of course, Spurrier was asked Tuesday about rumors that he might be returning to the Swamp and Spurrier skirted around the question.

“I tell everybody my next move is going to be to Crescent Beach, Fla.,” Spurrier said. “That’s my next move whenever that is.”

Spurrier and his family have a home in Crescent Beach, Fla., which is just south of Jacksonville.

Even though Spurrier denied the link between him and Florida, it might be an interesting prospect. As Dodd noted, Spurrier could be a bridge to the team’s ultimate dream coach. He could put the program back on a winning track and then make the transition to the next guy — probably a much younger guy — that much easier.

And it might be a nice way for Spurrier to end his collegiate coaching career.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-22-2014 09:04 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would think Florida would go after Strong. Texas may be a so called dream job, but the last coach there got canned and he won a ton of games. I would think they could tear him away from Texas. Just my opinion.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-22-2014 11:33 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO Dan Mullen will be the next coach at Florida.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9798 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-22-2014 12:35 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
IMO Dan Mullen will be the next coach at Florida.

this is wat I say.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com