TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops talks about how good Mississsippi State is

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops talks about how good Mississsippi State is
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-21-2014 09:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When your number one in the country you know your up against a "great" football team and you better be at your very best or they will embarrass you just like LSU did. Here is what coach Stoops has to say about them.

Mississippi State has gone from unranked going into the season to No. 1 at midseason thanks to wins over LSU and Auburn.

“If you look at their quarterback and their team it’s not a real big surprise. They’re a very talented football team. You could tell they had a lot of confidence coming into the season just by the way they carried themselves at SEC Media (Days), just listening to them with their quarterback (Dak Prescott) and leadership,” Stoops said. “Dan (Coach Dan Mullen) is in sixth year in the process and they have a good‑looking team.

“I noticed that a year ago. I noticed how big they were and how long and just, they’re developed. They do a great job of coaching, and good things are — it’s coming together for them.They’re playing red hot and it starts with their quarterback. He’s as talented of a guy as there is in the country. He can run it, he can throw it. He’s making great decisions and their offense puts stress on you. They’re well coached, they put stress on you across the board.

Stoops remembers plenty about Prescott from last year’s loss to State.

“Physically, good‑looking guy, strong, leader, tough, just everything you want in your quarterback and in particular with what they do, with the dual threat and putting that stress on you,” Stoops said.

Link

[ 10-21-2014, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-21-2014 10:54 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think we can beat them unless we win the turnover battle. I'm hoping we can intercept a few passes and get a couple of easy scores. I don't look for them to blow us out, but we can't implode like we did last week.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-21-2014 03:01 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think where physical enough to force turn overs aganist the better teams on our schedule Bruce. If we can't I think we have little chance to pull of any upset.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com