TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Demarco Robinson: “I wouldn’t say we quit”

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Demarco Robinson: “I wouldn’t say we quit”
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-20-2014 05:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they were never ready to play from the get go and it never got much better for the rest of the game.

Kentucky starts trying to put the pieces back together today after Saturday’s lopsided loss at LSU.

“We didn’t play to our potential. We do not plan on continuing that for the rest of the season.
We just need to go back and get better this week,” Kentucky senior receiver Demarco Robinson said after the loss.

Quarterback Patrick Towles admitted he thought the team was a “little bit” rattled during the game.

“It definitely probably looked like it out there. There was nothing that we couldn’t handle. We just didn’t play well enough. Coaches can call good plays, but players have to execute. They put us in position to succeed tonight, and we did not do that on a consistency level,” quarterback Patrick Towles said.

Those were the right things for team leaders to say. However, Robinson also admitted the team may have given up a bit late in the game — something that has to trouble coach Mark Stoops.

“I wouldn’t say we quit. I just feel that some guys got down on themselves, and it was a
snowball effect after each play,” Robinson said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-21-2014 03:10 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think a combanation of bad play calling and patrick not seeming to me to be playing up to his capabillities was bad for the offense, the special teams play was horrible, and the defense just wore down. It won't be no better this week if we can't get creative with our offense, we can't just line up and smash mouth miss st. Is it just me or does it just seem like there's no air in the air raid? IMHO we need to go 5 wide sometimes and hand off to the back on the speed sweeps, teams are not even sending anybody to cover patrick when we go into the wildcat.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com