TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops post game comments

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops post game comments
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-19-2014 04:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is going to have a big job trying to get his team ready for a very good football team.

Here’s part of what coach Mark Stoops had to say after Saturday night’s loss:

On what it feels like a setback after building so much momentum: “Any time you lose it’s a setback. Nobody likes to lose that way. To be really physically handled was what sticks out to me, along with our mistakes. We need to coach better. I take responsibility for that. We’ll get it corrected and we’ll move on, but we can’t let one game define us. We always talk about it — win or lose, you got to move on. So we’ve got another opportunity next week.”

What happened on special teams: “Just got outplayed. We got outplayed. We’ve been solid all year to this point and did not play good enough in this game. Give them credit. That’s a good bunch, and they physically played better than us.”

On if he thought UK was past lopsided scores like this: “Yeah, I did, but it’s week-to-week. You gotta go prove it. This is a physical football team. That’s what we’d like to look like some day. They’re extremely long, very physical. I thought their secondary guys were excellent.”

On if he expects to learn something about the team this week: “Yeah, yeah, I think that’s a fair question. We’ll see how we respond. I’ve got no reason to believe that they won’t come out and prepare, have a great week of preparation, and give it everything we’ve got. For this group, it’s not lack of effort. We need to coach better, we need to play better. We all take responsibility and we’ll all move on.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-19-2014 07:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we'll play a better game against MSU than we did LSU. Home field makes a little bit of difference when you have your own fans yelling in your ear!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-19-2014 09:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MSU is number 1 in the country. If we can't come close to LSU it sure doesn't look like we can come close to MSU even at home. If we do it truly will be a good sign. Go Cats!

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-19-2014 09:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just saying the team will be more pumped up to take on the number 1 team in the country than an LSU team, on the road, that isn't even ranked. Or wasn't until this past weekend!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-19-2014 09:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope your right MH but we certainly had to know LSU was not going to be easy. To me it looked like we played scared and that's not a good sign.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com