TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops says his team is focused for the LSU game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops says his team is focused for the LSU game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-17-2014 09:28 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They will have to be playing at their very best in the environment that they will be playing in tomorrow if they expect to beat LSU.

Mark Stoops knows that midseason games can sometimes be a time for players to have a natural letdown, especially if the season is not going well.

“I think we’re right in the middle of the season, and the monotony of going through a tough season kind of sets in with everybody. So obviously the more we win, the more significance these games have, and that’s been evident by the way we’ve approached this week,” Stoops said as his team prepares to play at LSU Saturday night.

“We haven’t had to prod them quite as much. They’ve been pretty focused all week. And that goes with winning. If we take care of our business, we’ll have the opportunity to play in some big games.”

UK’s challenge this week is handling LSU’s physical play.

“We’ll be prepared. It’s still a challenge. It’s obviously a very big challenge. They’re not only physical, they’re skilled and they know what they’re doing,” Stoops said. “They put pressure on you. If you load up too much one way, they go the other and all those things.

“And they have great speed outside. That doesn’t get talked about enough, because those wide outs can really go. So you’re going to be in one-on-one situations quite a bit of the night, and you have to be able to hold up out there.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-17-2014 01:55 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
we are a 3 touchdown underdog. I beleleive.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com