TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brown talks about LSU game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brown talks about LSU game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-16-2014 09:28 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a good one and will let us know just how good we are. LSU is a quality opponent and we play them on the road. I just hope we can stay with them and don't get blown out of the game completely. If we can win or stay with them it will give this team a huge boast of confidence to finish out the season.

“They’re big, fast, strong. Danielle Hunter, their defensive end, really can come off the edge. He’s going to pose some problems. We’ve gotta account for him, similar to Dante Fowler that plays for Florida,” said Brown. “They’re young interior d-line, but you can see them getting better week in and week out.Their linebacker (Kwon Alexander) from Alabama, he’s as good, probably the best linebacker that we’ve played to this point. He’s very talented; he strikes you. He runs well.

“And they’re the most talented secondary we’ve played. They’ve got some youth there, but they are really talented. They’ve got guys that will pay for play and play for a lot of pay. So we’ve got our hands full, but we’re looking forward to it. Let’s see if we can go down there and get our sixth win.”

Here’s more of what Brown had to say Tuesday during his media availability after practice going into Saturday night’s game at LSU.

Question: How do you combat the noise at Tiger Stadium?

Brown: “We go silent count all the time. And I’m not trying to downplay it because it is loud. And really, other than (Jordan) Swindle — and it could’ve been quiet as a mouse and he may have jumped off sides three times against Florida — we really had no issues down at Florida. I don’t really expect us to. We practice in the indoor with loud music playing all the time. That’s everyday, every time we go over to the indoor, so I don’t really expect it to be a problem. It is loud, though, and they’ve added a few thousand seats since last time I was down there.”

Question: What must the wide receivers do to be successful against LSU’s secondary?

Brown: “We have to stick our foot. We have to mix up our releases, because they’re gonna press us. The difference in them and a lot of people is they’re long. They’ve got — I think all three corners are 6-foot-plus. So we’ve got to be able to stick our releases and we must keep their hands off of us. And we’ve got to take into effect that they’re a little bit longer than the average guy we’re going against. So I think sticking releases, mixing them up and keeping their hands off.”

Question: What is it like to have a different playmaker step up each game?

Brown: “I think it’s great for team morale. And I think it makes us a little harder to prepare for. I was watching (LSU) coach (Les) Miles’ press conference yesterday. How many guys — we got several guys with more than 10 catches or something like that. So I think it makes us harder to defend. People can’t push their coverage to a certain guy. And then running back, we’ve been by committee a little bit, and each one of those guys has at different times really, really shown the ability to make big plays. I think it’s been positive for us.”

Question: How does quarterback Patrick Towles balance being a game manager with also needing to make big plays at times?

Brown: “I don’t really know what a game manager is. I think what happens, when people get labeled that, a game manager, people are thinking they’re not making mistakes. But Patrick, he didn’t make any real big mistakes last week. It wasn’t his best game, but I thought from how he handled everything and adversity early. He missed a couple throws, but I thought he came back and made some big throws later in the game.

“So there’s going to be some times that we need him to play at a really high level to win and there’s going to be some times where he just needs to get the ball where it’s supposed to be. We’ve had some games, like the Florida game, he kept us in there, made some huge plays, you know? Last week, some guys made some big plays around him. Now, he threw a heck of a ball on that go route to Javess (Blue) that Javess made a play on, but not a bunch of ‘wow’ plays last week, but I thought he played pretty solid. I don’t know. I probably didn’t do a very good job of answering that question.”

Question: Which kind of game is this for him Saturday night?

Brown: “He’s gonna have to go make some plays. There’s no question about this one.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com