TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bone feels confident inside the 20 yard line

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bone feels confident inside the 20 yard line
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-15-2014 02:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bone for a freshman is playing awfully well and a lot of it has to do with his confidence he has in himself.

When Kentucky gets inside the 20-yard line, freshman receiver Blake Bone feels like he should be able to make a scoring play.

Bone, a freshman wide receiver, said the red zone is where he feels most at home.

“That is my stuff right there,” Bone said. “It is just little things. When we are inside the 20 and I am in the game, personally I don’t feel like I can be stopped there. It don’t matter who is in front of me, if the ball comes my way I am going to come down with it. That’s the mindset I have.”

Bone has two scoring catches among his eight receptions for 133 yards this season. When he caught a touchdown pass last week against Louisiana-Monroe, he did not overly celebrate, though he had indicated he might during preseason interviews.

“We have been talking about that we have to act like we have been here before. It is truly routine plays we are making, so we have to understand there is no need for all the celebration. Just celebrate with the team,” he said after the game Saturday.

So he has toned down?

“You ain’t going to tone me down, but I will be more of a team celebrator if that is what you ask me to do,” he said.

Coach Mark Stoops wants players to play with emotion and intensity, but not in a selfish or showy way.

“We just need to constantly preach being unselfish, and you know, I want aggressiveness. I want them enjoying it. We’re always toting that fine line of letting the guys be who they are. I want them excited at practice. I want them excited in the games. But we can’t be selfish,” Stoops said. “We’re not good enough to overcome foolish penalties and all those things.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com