TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brown talks about JoJo's pass interception

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brown talks about JoJo's pass interception
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-15-2014 02:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to see coach Brown stand behind his man and call it no big deal. That's what good coach's do as it doesn't take away from the players confidence.

After running back JoJo Kemp threw an interception in last week’s win over Louisiana-Monroe, Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown says he said “nothing” to the player.

“He shouldn’t have thrown it, but it’s not that big a deal. I made a joke to him, really. Now he took it really hard on himself, and it affected him, that fumble he had (later in the game),” said Brown. “We had that really blocked well, and it was a good snap. He just dropped it, and he would’ve hit it for a long way.

“But we always talk about playing the next play, and he didn’t do that. I fibbed to y’all last week. He doesn’t throw it great. Y’all saw that. But he shouldn’t have thrown it. But it wasn’t that big a deal to me. I tried to make light of it.”

LSU coach Les Miles will face UK on Saturday night and noted that the Kemp can “throw it a little” out of UK’s Wildcat formation.

“A little? I don’t know. A little? I guess it depends. He did throw it a little. A little to the other team,” Brown joked.

Brown said the goal was to make the defense believe Kemp could throw, something Kemp said he could do well.

“I think we needed to get it on film. And we’ve got a couple other trick plays we can do out of it also,” Brown said.

Brown said he didn’t know if there was another running back who is a better passer.

“We need to do tryouts. We need to do tryouts. They’ll all say they are. We don’t know,” Brown said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com