TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Another player suspended!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another player suspended!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-15-2014 01:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's J.D Harmon but it's for the first half only.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops announced on the Southeastern Conference coaches teleconference Wednesday that cornerback J.D. Harmon would not play in the first half at LSU Saturday night for a flagrant hit against Louisiana-Monroe in last week’s game that was not penalized.

Stoops noted Monday that a player would be suspended but seemed then to indicate it might be for excessive celebration. However, Stoops said Wednesday he had conferred with SEC officials about Harmon’s apparent helmet-to-helmet hit.

“It was really about a (hit that was) close to being an illegal hit or being an illegal hit that wasn’t called. So after consulting with the league about the situation, we just felt like it was the right thing for me to do to suspend him for a half a game,” Stoops said.

Harmon has 22 tackles, eighth best on the team, and has two tackles for loss, three quarterback hurries and two forced fumbles. He’s a special teams standout and has two kickoff returns for 53 yards also.

Link

[ 10-15-2014, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-15-2014 02:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I couldn't believe the refs didn't throw him out of the game for that hit. It was certainly illegal and totally uncalled for.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-17-2014 01:54 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree paulcat he should have to sit the whole game that was vicious, and could have caused major trama.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com