TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bud Dupree can do it all

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bud Dupree can do it all
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-14-2014 04:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will be able to watch Dupree on Sunday's after he has played his last game at Kentucky.

To most people, Bud Dupree is a defensive end. He may play some form of linebacker in the NFL. He’s also a special teams athlete who, thanks to quick hands and a high vertical, blocked a field goal against Louisiana-Monroe this weekend.

But to Dupree himself, he could just as easily play any other position on the field.

“I want to run a (pass) route,” he said after Saturday’s game, his face lighting up at the possibility. “One time before my senior year is over.”

Whether or not he lines up to catch a pass JJ Watt-style or not, Dupree’s versatility lies mostly on the defensive side. Head coach Mark Stoops said he could probably play any of the linebacker positions if needed.

Is there anything Dupree can’t do when it comes to football?

Fellow defensive end CJ Johnson thought about that question, and said, “I don’t know if he can catch a cover pick.”

Dupree laughed when he was told about Johnson’s doubts.

“Oh no,” he said. “That’s ridiculous. I think I really could. I’m waiting on that opportunity that Coach (DJ) Eliot lets me man a receiver up, so the quarterback thinks I’m so big in the space with him, he’s gonna throw it to him and he’s gonna (throw) a pick.”

At this point in the season, you have to believe him.

Dupree is fifth on the team in tackles this season with 28, but seemingly has a number in every column on the stat sheet: 4.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, three quarterback hurries, two passes defended, an interception and a blocked field goal. At 6-4 and 264 pounds, he’s got the size to terrify quarterbacks, but also the speed to find them quicker than most “defensive ends” in college football.

“He’s an exceptional football player,” Stoops said. “He really is. He’s instinctual, plays with great energy. … I feel like he could play a lot of positions. I feel like he could play any three linebacker positions. He’s very versatile.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-15-2014 06:45 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's a reason why scouts are looking at him going in the first 4 rounds of the draft! He's THAT good!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123989 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-15-2014 01:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dupree is on the top of his game and if he keeps playing like he has he will be playing on Sunday with the big boys.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com