TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats anxious to get bowl eligible.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats anxious to get bowl eligible.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2014 08:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If they keep playing like they have this season it isn't going to take long to become eligible for a bowl game.

Maybe Kentucky is not going to focus on needing only one more win to be bowl eligible, but senior defensive end Bud Dupree couldn’t help smiling after UK’s 48-14 win over Louisiana-Monroe here Saturday moved the Cats to 5-1.

“Finally,” said Dupree when asked about being within one win of bowl eligibility.

He’s not played on a bowl team at UK and the Cats won just four games total the last two years.

“I am ready to move on to LSU (UK’s next opponent), but I love this (bowl talk). I am just ready to get to a bowl,” Dupree, who got his 19th career sack to tie Dennis Johnson for second on UK’s all-time sack list, said.

Freshman receiver Blake Bone, who had a touchdown catch Saturday, came to UK expecting to win the way the Cats have this year.

“Getting to a bowl is a big thing But we are not going to stop at just one more win, either. We want to win a lot more,” Bone said.

Junior linebacker Josh Forrest admitted it “feels good” to be so close to bowl eligibility.

“We all want to go to a bowl. We can’t just focus on that now, but every win gets you closer and we know that. That’s why every win is so important,” Forrest said.

Stoops knows his players are aware of being within one win of bowl eligibility, something he does not want to talk about.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-12-2014 10:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is great. But hey better be ready to play when the first whistle blows. They can't start like they have the past 2 weeks. They have to realize that the competition just went to top level. If they are not ready they could see 4 straight losses and a 5-5 record. Hope they can get that 6th win in one of the next 4 and prove they are for real. In case they do go 5-5 they will still have achance to go 6-6 or 7-5 with TN and Louis. finishing out the season. I think they are very capable of winning at least 1 more game but if they don't come ready they could be disappointed at 5-7. From my position at section 107 for each home game it looks like they still fail to execute both on offense and defense. They still allow breakaway runs for long yardage and they allow too many wide open receptions. They also have too many sets where the play calls leave a lot to be desired. Hope they get a lot of good play and even more good breaks and come away with a 3-3 second half of their schedule.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-13-2014 06:42 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, The raod gets alot tougher. I think 1 moer win is very possible though!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2014 08:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Louisville Tennessee and possibly Missouri are our best bets left on the schedule to beat.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com