TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Blue's catch was "an amazing feeling".

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blue's catch was "an amazing feeling".
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2014 08:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was one of the best catches ever by a Kentucky player.

Javess Blue was feeling everything but down following Kentucky’s 48-14 win over Louisiana-Monroe Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium.

The Kentucky senior receiver helped the Wildcats recover from a dismal first quarter, a 14-3 deficit and notch their fifth win in six games. Blue had three catches for 109 yards and two touchdowns in a victory that Kentucky within one win of becoming bowl eligible with six games remaining in the regular season.

“It’s an amazing feeling,” said Blue, who became the first Kentucky player to haul in two passes of 83 yards or longer in a career. “We didn’t make a bowl last season and we had made it a goal to get to a bowl this year. That’s what we promised the fans and we’re (close to) making that promise a reality.”

With the game out of reach, Blue showed his athleticism to make plays on the run with a nifty one-handed 21-yard touchdown reception in the end zone from quarterback Patrick Towles in the third quarter. It was a catch worthy of a replay on the major sporting networks, including ESPN and one of the top catches in his career at Kentucky.

Blue said just making the play, instead of being creative was all he was thinking about at the time.

“I had to make a catch,” Blue said. “It was either that or I would get yelled at by the coach. I didn’t want that to happen, so I had to make a catch. It’s probably not the best catch I’ve made, but it’s up there.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2014 08:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is what Towles had to say about Blue's catch and a few other tidbits.

Here is part of what Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles had to say after Saturday’s win:

On the catch by Javess Blue…

“The best catch I have ever seen. When I threw it I said to myself ‘Aw, I missed him.’ He made hands-down the best play I have ever seen.”

On the being only 1-12 on third down conversions …

“We got a lot of short fields. We were put in great field positions thanks to the defensive plays, so that was always good. We have to get better but we’ll take it. Forty-eight points on the board, how many times does that happen?”

On the fifth win of the season …

“It’s number five. We’ll go down to LSU and give them everything we’ve got next week.”

On being bowl-eligible half way through the season…

“Yeah it feels good, did a lot of hard work over the summer, we’re not satisfied with five wins. We’ll do whatever we can. We will take it one game at a time, and go down to LSU. It’s going to be a tough environment and a good team. I’m ready to go now.”

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-13-2014 06:41 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until I saw th erepla yof this I never realized his second hand never touches that football!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2014 09:03 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will go down as one of the best catches by a Kentucky player in Kentucky history as it was that good.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-13-2014 01:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I couldn't tell what happened from my post in section 107 cause it was so far away. I was just waiting for the ref to signal a TD. When they showed the replay on the big screen I couldn't believe it. Those gloves that the receivers wear must have small suction cups all over them. Watching in the pregame warmups several of the UK receivers were doing a lot of 1 handed catches.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-14-2014 10:46 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I noticed all the pregame one handed catches too Bamacat, and not just short tosses, the Qb's where launching them high into the air.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9795 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-15-2014 06:48 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you practice them, you're more apt to pull on eoff in the game. Mkaes the hands stronger as well!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com