TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Boom not afraid to own up to his mistake

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boom not afraid to own up to his mistake
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2014 08:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom has character and imo has turned a bad thing into a positive. He is acting like a "man".

Stanley “Boom” Williams did a lot of impressive things for Kentucky in Saturday’s 48-14 win over Louisiana-Monroe.

He had a 75-yard kickoff return to open the game that set up a field goal. He had a 58-yard scoring burst in the second half and finished the game with seven rushes for 104 yards

However, what the Kentucky freshman did after the game was even more impressive — he owned his mistake that got him suspended for last week’s win over South Carolina. Williams was one of four players suspended after their actions with air pistols led to a campus alert that locked down the campus after a report of shots being fired on campus. They have all been charged with disorderly conduct and have court appearances Oct. 28.

“I learned a lot,” he said. “You just gotta be real careful with your decisions and the things that you do, knowing that you’re a valuable player to your team. I just wanted to come out and play hard. I owed it to the team, the fans and the coaches, so I just wanted to come out and show those guys that I do want to be part of the team.”

He didn’t make excuses after UK officials made him available for interviews after Saturday’s game, something not every school would have done.

“ Just wanted to come out, play hard. I just wanted to come out, play well, and get the win. I did want to prove something. Obviously missing the game last week, not being able to help my teammates hurt. I came out with a chip on my shoulder. The coaches wanted to get me the ball and make plays and that’s what I did,” Williams, who was not even allowed on the sideline with teammates during UK’s win over South Carolina because of his suspension.

Making a mistake like that, you beat yourself up over and over just thinking about it,” Williams admitted.

He said he never worried about not being able to play football again, but he did wonder how long his suspension might last. But he never said he didn’t deserve the punishment he got — or more. He knew he made a mistake and accepted the consequences with no whimpering.

Now he’s ready to help Kentucky keep rolling as the Cats get set to play at LSU in what could be a huge statement game for Stoops’ program — and give Williams a chance to make plays to atone for his off-field transgression.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com