TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Ramsey Meyer loves to be called "Nasty".

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ramsey Meyer loves to be called "Nasty".
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-16-2014 06:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meyer is going to be around for another 3 and a half years and will inflict a lot of pain to opposing running backs.

When a Kentucky coach describes redshirt freshman lineman Ramsey Myers as aggressive, the Florida native can’t help smiling.

“I have always felt that I was aggressive and could really use that to my benefit, and I do. I don’t think I am struggling but I can get better and have to get better each week,” said Meyers. “I just try to finish blocks. If the guy is one the ground, I am going to keep driving him. I just always try to play aggressive all the time. I love to hit and that’s what it comes down to.”

Meyers was one of four redshirt freshmen — Cole Mosier, Nick Haynes and Kyle Meadows were the others — to play in the offensive line in Saturday’s 36-30 triple overtime loss at Florida.

“We played four redshirt freshmen on the O-line. We played two redshirt freshmen (Meyers and Mosier), one of them a walk-on (Mosier), on every single snap at guards,” said offensive coordinator Neal Brown. “Every single snap. We played Haynes and Meadows a lot at tackles.”

Brown said he was not surprised that the linemen along with true freshmen receivers and freshman running back Boom Williams played so well at Florida.

“That’s why we recruited them. They’re not scared of this moment. It got loud. This was a big-time environment. They never blinked and I’m not surprised one bit. I’m zero surprised. That’s why we recruited them. That’s why a lot of people in the country recruited them. Big-time playmakers and they made a bunch of big plays,” Brown said.

Meyers said he smiles after a big hit because “that shows how much I love it.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com