TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Towels ceiling continues to rise

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towels ceiling continues to rise
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2014 09:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is a special player and is only going to get better. he will go down as one of UK's finest quarterbacks before he leaves.

Before Kentucky went to Florida to play, sophomore quarterback Patrick Towles explained how the game was becoming easier for him.

“Being comfortable just comes with experience. I am seeing things way better than I did. I did better in fall camp than spring. Just repetitons get you better,” said Towles. “My goal is to be the best possible player that I can be. There is no saying where that is going to go. Lot higher. We are good right now, but we are going to be way better.

“I am 100 percent there and I am going to increase that. You play the best that you can. I gave all I had today (in a win over Ohio). The more you give all you’ve got, the more that number and ceiling rises. My ceiling has risen and will continue to do that.”

It looked that way at Florida Saturday in UK’s 36-30 triple overtime loss to the Gators.

Towles completed 24 of 45 passes for 369 yards and three touchdowns against the Gators. He threw three interceptions, but two were deep passes that bounced off receivers that offensive coordinator Neal Brown felt should have been caught and could have added 70 or more passing yards to Towles’ total.

Brown said Towles was “as on throwing the ball” as he had seen in his two years coaching at UK.

“In here, in this atmosphere. I thought he did a great job keeping plays alive, not taking sacks,” Brown said after the game. “I thought he did a really good job running the football when we asked him to do that. I was extremely proud of how he played and it was a big step in his maturation process.”

Florida had not given up that many passing yards since 2007 and had given up 300 yards passing in just one game in the last seven years. Towles was also the first UK quarterback to throw for 300 or more yards since 2010 as Brown’s Air Raid offense finally took flight.

Going into UK’s bye week, Towles has already thrown for 916 yards and ran for 111 while accounting for six touchdowns. He’s 19th nationally and third in the SEC with 305 yards passing per game. That’s a big reason UK’s offense has risen to 48th nationally in scoring at 36.3 points per game and 34th in total offense at 503.7 yards per game. Kentucky through three games is averaging 320 yards passing — or about 127 more per game than last season when Towles was being redshirted.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-15-2014 01:14 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think the better QB is being red shirted. Just my opinion.

[ 09-15-2014, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com