TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » I Have a Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Have a Question
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-14-2014 02:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When the play clock ran out on 4th down on Florida, and if the refs had called it, would the game have ended, or would UF have been penalized, and re-played the 4th down?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-14-2014 02:10 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They would have been pentalized, and got to replay the down

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-14-2014 02:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it would've been fourth down and 12 yards instead of 4th and 7!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-14-2014 02:34 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They use no game clock during overtime. Only play clocks exist during those periods.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-14-2014 02:52 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those young Kentucky players played a great game. What if the DB would have intercepted the pass instead of it bouncing off his chest and into the Florida players hands? UK would have won. They had a few tough breaks and manged to almost win the game........had a break or two went their way, they would be 3 and 0 right now. Not a bad showing for a make shift O line.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-14-2014 03:09 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you all. That makes me feel a tiny bit better. I think Kentucky got away with one earlier with a late hit. Sure looked like the player was down for a few seconds before the UK player hit him. He also went in helmet first, but it was a glancing blow. Maybe everything evened out in the end.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-14-2014 06:47 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
Thank you all. That makes me feel a tiny bit better. I think Kentucky got away with one earlier with a late hit. Sure looked like the player was down for a few seconds before the UK player hit him. He also went in helmet first, but it was a glancing blow. Maybe everything evened out in the end.

Not sure about that rule, but I think the player gets suspended if they call the spearing penalty. UK was lucky it didn't get called
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-14-2014 10:55 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but had they called the clock expiration. we could have set our defense better.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-15-2014 06:34 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, we would definitely had a second chance to cover the mistakes that were made on a previous play!

--------------------

ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 09-16-2014 02:37 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, I can't believe that the DBs let that receiver get behind them on that TD pass. He was making all their catches, and we should have been double-teaming him. I think they tried to but there was some confusion.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com