TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » The 2 plays that will always haunt UK and Stoops

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 2 plays that will always haunt UK and Stoops
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-14-2014 09:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those two plays were the difference between winning and losing.

Mark Stoops said two plays from Kentucky’s 36-30 triple overtime loss at Florida Saturday night will always haunt him.

One, was the fourth down touchdown pass in the first overtime that tied the game when anything short of an 11-yard score would have enabled UK to break its 27-game losing streak to Florida.

“That play is going to haunt me for the rest of my life,” Stoops said on the UK Radio Network postgame show. “I may some day get over it but I will never forget it. We went all out with a zero blitz and they hit us. We have to do a better job watching our man and not what is going on in the backfield. We had hit them with that same blitz earlier and almost had a huge sack. They threw it up and made a play.”

The second one was an interception that cornerback Fred Tiller didn’t make when he had open field in front of him and a chance to have returned the pick for a score. Instead, it bounced off him to a Florida receiver and the next play the Gators scored for a 14-point swing.

“That play is another one that will stick with me. We blitzed and he throws the bad ball and we had an opportunity and it flat bounced off his chest,” Stoops said. “There were plays on both sides of the ball that we didn’t make. We can’t blame anybody. All of us will do better and have to do better. But we definitely had our chances.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com