TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stat Comparison UK vs Florida

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stat Comparison UK vs Florida
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-14-2014 09:12 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Granted stats always don't always tell the whole story but they do give us a good idea what teams did well and not so well.

In the game last night we didn't win a lot of the stat comparisons other than passing yards and we did that by a pretty wide margin and it was enough to almost pull off a victory in the swamp which would have been historic. I think the stats that hurt us the most was the 3-1 turn-over ratio (interceptions) and our rushing stats that Florida won pretty handily in both attempts and yards per carry.

What the stats don't show was the heart of all our players and coach's which doesn't show up in the stat sheet but is a huge part of the out-come of the game. If we continue to play with heart like we did last night we are going to have a very successful season and although we didn't win in the end I don't think there is a true Kentucky fan that was not "overly" proud of our team. I bet I'm not the only one that thinks that last night's game is one of if not the best efforts of a Kentucky football team we have seen in many years.

Here is the stats and see what you think. I think the future is bright and can't wait to see them play in two weeks against Vandy in the friendly confines of Commonwealth Stadium.

Stats Link

[ 09-14-2014, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-14-2014 12:17 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lack of a running game puts extra pressure on your passing game. This team does play very hard, are very young and should grow into a decent team by this time next year. I don't consider Florida a real good to put us into the upper echelon of the SEC because Florida themselves appear to be a very weak team. It was a game they could have won and probably should have won. It does appear that the program in heading in the right direction and that just a few more quality recruits will make them a very good team by this time next season. I enjoyed watching them play, much better than in years past in the form of hustle, heart and execution.

[ 09-14-2014, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-14-2014 09:52 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought UK played hard and I thought Florida played hard as well. JMO, but I don't think either of the two teams are going to see many wins in the SEC.

Musgraves may not make it through the year. I can't see Florida winning more than 4 SEC games total.

[ 09-14-2014, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-14-2014 10:52 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
muschamp is a great defensive coordinator, but he will never satisfy the florida folks as a head coach. imo, in the sec one must have a great offensive line, and depth at it, we must get a little stronger. florida was stronger than us imo. we must have that big brusing running back, like a George adams, was back in the day. that clock running out cost us the game imo. but great teams get that call, seems like we never get em, when we gain respect as a foot ball team, maybe we will , I see us maybe beating vandy, in sec, and maybe tenn. after that I don't know where sec wins come from. we must get that running back out of ky, Damien Harris.

[ 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Green-Bean ]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-15-2014 03:07 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know a head coach is in trouble when no even knows his last name (Muschamp). Musgraves must go. Lol

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-15-2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EnterpriseCat:
You know a head coach is in trouble when no even knows his last name (Muschamp). Musgraves must go. Lol

sorry I spelled that wrong I actually know how to spell it. I will start proof reading my post. I will edit that.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-15-2014 04:44 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bean, don't worry about editing, we know who you are talking about. I was talking to a gator fan about him on Saturday and called him Musgraves myself. That must be an eastern Kentucky thing. I too know it is Muschamp but don't always call him that. I too think he might be gone before the season is over unless he pulls off some upsets in the SEC.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-15-2014 06:33 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EnterpriseCat:

LOL. Good catch. I didn't notice that I spelled it wrong. Ooops.

[ 09-15-2014, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com