TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Things to watch for in the UK-Florida game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things to watch for in the UK-Florida game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-13-2014 02:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We got a shot of winning this game. If we can get a few breaks early and Towles is as good as he has looked we can give them a run for their money.

Here are some things to watch for when Florida hosts Kentucky on Saturday:

LOSING STREAK: Kentucky isn’t the only team with a losing streak in this game. Florida has dropped five in a row in SEC play. The Gators won their first three conference games last year before losing the rest in the program’s first losing season since 1979. Florida’s last league win was Oct. 5 against Arkansas. “Just getting a win again to start fresh, we’re ready now,” defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. said. “It just makes us even more hungrier to get another ‘W.'”

VERSATILE TOWLES: Kentucky sophomore QB Patrick Towles has completed 61 percent of his passes for 547 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions, through two games. He also has rushed 25 times for 89 yards, including 22 carries last week against Ohio. While Towles’ footwork has helped the offense, Stoops doesn’t want his QB having a run-first mentality, especially against Florida. “I’m not sure that will be a good idea,” Stoops said. “He can run and will run. But I don’t think any of us are looking for that many (carries) every week.”

OFFENSE SHINES: No doubt, Florida’s offense was impressive in the opener. A few numbers really tell the story: the Gators scored seven offensive touchdowns; they had 25 in 2013. They rolled up 655 yards, more than double what they averaged last season. They managed 17 first downs in the first half; they averaged 17.8 a game in 2013. They ran 86 plays, nearly 20 more than they averaged last year.

O-LINE SHUFFLE: Florida will be without left tackle D.J. Humphries for at least two games because of bone chips in his ankle and a high-ankle sprain. Right tackle Chaz Green will take Humphries’ spot, and Rod Johnson will fill in at right tackle. Green and Johnson should get a tough test from Kentucky’s defensive ends, Alvin Dupree and Za’Darius Smith. “We’ve got our work cut out for us,” Green said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-13-2014 02:48 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cmd the good thing here is most these young kids know nothing about losing streaks, they are on a 2 game winning streak and want to keep it going, if we can start out pretty even with them and Towels keep his cool it could be a great game. Muschamp is a defensive wizard, probably one of best defensive coordinators in the country, beside being head coach. so is Stoops so it wont be a shootout imo. but who knows. looking forward to it.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-13-2014 04:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G_B, your right it's a new beginning for the Cats and winning their first two games can't hurt. It sure would be a special win and one that we have been waiting for a along time. Towels is the key to our success and if he is as good as he has looked in the first two games we have a shot!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BornBlueDieBlue
Player
Member # 6528

posted 09-13-2014 04:17 PM      Profile for BornBlueDieBlue   Email BornBlueDieBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one or does anyone else's blood boil whenever anything gaytors is mentioned. It's terrible living down here in Florida and having to listen to all the UF fans. Everyone at my work knows not to talk bad about kentucky or feel the wrath. I've had to tell some employees not to talk to me this week or there would be trouble. Man, I sure hope we win this. If we win this game, I will be pleased with however the rest of the season goes.
Posts: 88 | From: Palm Harbor, Fl | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-13-2014 05:47 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bornblue if we win this game I may have to break down and have me a cold Blue moon. Cmd u are right on Towels, but I tell u I would run our 4 or 5 backs down their throat. draw them safeties and defensive backs up, and hit em long Towels has the arm and we have the receivers. cant wait. I just want it to be a good game, I want to win yea, I just don't want no 52 to 7 unless its us doing that. Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com