TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops has been part of wins agaist Florida

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops has been part of wins agaist Florida
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-13-2014 10:01 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's hope he can be a part of a huge upset tonight in the swamp.

Kentucky will have one person on the sideline tonight at Florida who knows how to win at The Swamp — coach Mark Stoops.

He was asked about his personal winning streak at Florida on the SEC teleconference this week:

On his 1-0 streak at the Swamp: “No, I don’t think anybody will — that’s not too much of a streak. That’s awfully difficult. Just competing against Florida over the years, way back at Miami, when I was at Miami, we had some great games. I remember I think we were in the Orange Bowl one year down there and Florida was up big, big on us. That was one of the great Miami teams, might have been the national championship team, either that or the next year. But Florida jumped out on us and we were able to come back and win when I was at Miami. Of course, the rivalry with Florida State and Florida, just have a lot of respect for the program. I know those players, and I know the great pride they have. I know how well-coached they are, and the great administration and the whole deal. That’s people that have been doing things right for a long time, so it will be a great challenge. But, again, we’re really looking forward to it.”

On if he’s really 2-0 at the Swamp: “In the Swamp, yeah I think it is. I believe so. I’m not sure. I don’t think I had every lost to — well I can think of one time. I was at Florida State, we lost to Florida once, but all those great rivalries and my time … but I want to say when I was at Miami I think I was undefeated against Florida State and Florida, then while I was at Florida State I believe I lost to Florida once, the only time. Then here once. It was a good record, but it’s going to be pretty tough to hold those percentages up.”

Link

[ 09-13-2014, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com