TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK's kicker Austin MacGinnis’ has confidence

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK's kicker Austin MacGinnis’ has confidence
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-12-2014 06:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To be a field goal kicker you have to have a ton of confidence or you will not be a consistently good kicker. Lets hope that 53 yarder will give him the confidence to make all his kicks.

Kicker Austin MacGinnis has worked to improve his accuracy after missing two short field goal tries against Ohio, something Mark Stoops his team can’t afford to have happen in future games.

“He looks at what he’s doing just technically and studies that. He’s worked on it to improve. I obviously had a lot of faith in him when I went out there to send him out there to kick a 53-yarder,” Stoops said.

MacGinnis did tie a school record with his 53-yard boot that Stoops joked Thursday he thought was closer to 54 yards.

The coach believes that kick helped MacGinnis’ confidence.

“I think it was important. He heard me ask Craig (Naivar) right in front of him, ‘Can he make this,’ and he said yeah, so let’s go do it. I hope that helps him, his confidence. I think it will,” Stoops said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com