TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Two interesting questions from UK fans

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two interesting questions from UK fans
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-11-2014 10:05 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky has always had knowledgeable fans in both basketball and football.

First, this from Rick Nost: “I found Stoops’ quote interesting about how Neal Brown'”knows when to slow things down’ and give the defense a rest. I feel like I’ve seen two different versions of this offense through two weeks — one way more up-tempo in the blowout of UT Martin, and one that grinded it out more vs Ohio.

“So, my question … Which one should we expect to see against Florida? Obviously a huge step up in defense. But I also know that Florida is employing their own up-tempo attack, so do you think this one turns into a fast-paced shootout?”

Great question. On the one hand, Brown wants the offense to play fast, but Florida’s defense is exceptional and UK’s offense will not be at full strength. So slowing the offense down could help the defense by not letting the high-pace Florida offense get as many chances. But the more I think about it, the more I think UK has to be in attack-mode to start the game, rely on the defense to make stops and see what happens.

Next, Steve Landram of St. Cloud, Fla.: “It is not surprising to me that there were problems with the o-line (against Ohio). Continuity and communication are crucial in line play. The left side of the line did not play together last week and there was a breakdown in communication. When Ohio blitzed the A gaps when there was a breakdown between the center and guards. Hopefully that will be cleaned up this week in practice. I feel the line has great potential and I believe that the coaching will be sound when they face UF.”

I think Ohio did expose some weaknesses that hopefully got fixed this week. But not having starting tackle Darrian Miller in the first game and missing starting guard Zach West against Ohio certainly have disrupted unity in a spot based on continuity for success.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com