TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Who is John Tooth?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is John Tooth?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-11-2014 09:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think before long Tooth is going to become a player that all fans that follow the Cats will know who he is.

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown likes that sophomore center Jon Toth is a bigger, more physical player this year. He noted in the preseason how Toth’s “behind is a lot bigger” than it was last year.

“He got sick right in the middle of the year and lost some weight. He’s back up to over 300 pounds. A lot more confident. He’s getting us in some really good calls right now. We ask our center to do a little bit more than probably the normal teams. We ask him to set our protections and things like that,” Brown said.

Toth said he lost his appetite and ate little when he had tonsillitis during the middle of last season even though he did not miss a game.

“It felt kind of like the flu. Sore throat, fever, didn’t feel good at all,” he said. “It didn’t really bother me as much as you think on game day. You feel kind of crappy, but still the excitement of game day gets you going and you kind of put that in the back of your mind and go out there and perform. Being sick was just not something I was consciously thinking about.”

He said it was not hard to put weight on during the offseason.

“Just kind of eat good food and eat a lot of food, more than you normally would. But that’s not something I have a tough time doing. I like eating. Lot of meat, lot of veggies, fruit, good stuff. It was all good,” he said. “I have heard that my butt and legs are bigger. I noticed it when we tried on our slacks from last year’s Cat Walk and my thighs would not fit in the same pants.

“More strength definitely helps a lot and you have to play with leverage. You can have all the strength in the world, but if you don’t stay low, you still can’t block anybody in this league.

“I wanted to be a tackle when I came here, but you have to learn every position and you learn quickly that you will play wherever they want you to play. I never really disagreed with any of the coaches’ decisions about where they wanted me and I am happy with where I am.”

Toth says he’s improved at “recognizing” defenses.

“I am better making correct calls and being able to help people out and telling them what to do at the line of scrimmage,” he said.

Toth seldom is recognized when he’s out in Lexington, something that suits him.

“I don’t really mind it at all. Just whatever. I wouldn’t really be happier if everyone recognized me everywhere I went. I kind of like not being recognized everywhere,” he said. “Sometimes people will notice because of my size, but it’s not, ‘Oh my God. That’s a lineman from Kentucky,’ unless you are wearing all Kentucky stuff. It doesn’t bother me to not be recognized.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com