TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops not happy with what JoJo Kemp said about the Florida game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops not happy with what JoJo Kemp said about the Florida game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-10-2014 05:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think JoJo has learned a valuable lesson on how sometimes keeping your mouth shut is the best policy.

Last Saturday, Kentucky running back JoJo Kemp — a Florida native — insisted that playing at Florida this week was just going to be another game to him.

However, he had a bit of a different message when talking to Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal Tuesday: “It’s going to be fun walking out with a victory and rubbing it in their faces,” Kemp said about friends he has playing for the Gators.

Obviously, that quote made its way to Florida and drew several Twitter responses from Gators, including one from linebacker Mike Taylor that referred to Kemp as a “third-string back” at Kentucky.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops read the comment, too, and said on Wednesday’s SEC teleconference that it was “not very smart” for Kemp to say that.

Florida has won 27 straight games in the series, including 24-7 last year in Lexington when Kemp was a freshman. Kemp said after last week’s game he would “have a lot” of family and friends at the game in Gainesville and wanted to “show out” for them and prove why he came to UK.

Still, Stoops was not amused with his comment Tuesday.

“I was outraged and talked to him,” the UK coach said.

Stoops said he thought Kemp was just joking with friends but told his sophomore that they would “hear the last five seconds of what he said” and be upset by what the coach noted was basically a “humble” interview that Kemp handled the right way until the end.

“I know the great pride of the players in that (Florida) locker room. I know personally quite a few (players) and the pride they have,” Stoops said. “It is not very smart to challenge their pride.

“It is not what we teach. He was humble and handled it the right way until the end, but that was not smart on our part.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-10-2014 08:14 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we had any chance? it just went out the door, man kids these days, u cant fix stupid, and by the way jo jo is a 3rd string back at ky right now. man u just don't say stuff like that when u aint won against any team in 27 yrs.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-11-2014 08:54 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suspect that statement will give Florida a lot more incentive to really put it on Kentucky Saturday. Were I a coach and had a young man run his mouth like that, he would be so far down my bench he would never see any action. I don't like those kind of young men being associated with UK sports. They should let their play do their talking, not their mouths. I want confident young players, not big mouths.

[ 09-11-2014, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com