TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Florida coach gives the Cats a big compliment

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Florida coach gives the Cats a big compliment
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-10-2014 09:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Muschamp says we will play as fast as any team they play this year and that is a true compliment. We haven't played anyone near as good as the teams in the SEC but we have to crawl before we walk and we certainly are doing that. Will we beat Florida in the swamp? I highly doubt that but hoping we can stay with them even if it's for a short time. Rome wasn't built in a day but if we improve each game it will be a start and that would be good.

Florida Coach Will Muschamp certainly did not say anything derogatory about Kentucky at his weekly press conference that would give the Cats any extra motivation for Saturday’s game.

“Neal Brown is offensive coordinator, a guy that I’m very familiar with. They do a nice job in the run and pass game. They’re a tempo team. They’re going to be on the ball. They’re going to play as fast as anybody that we play this year,” the Florida coach said.

What about quarterback Patrick Towles?

“They settled on Patrick Towles, which is 6-foot-5, 240-pound quarterback that’s a dual threat guy. He can run the quarterback power and the quarterback draw as a threat to pull it down in the passing game when we lose discipline in our pass rush. We’ve got to do a real nice job of that,” Muschamp said.

And what about the UK running game?

“They’re extremely talented at the running back position. Braylon Heard is a transfer from Nebraska, was hurt the first game that he had two carries for two touchdowns and about 120 yards,” the Florida coach said. “Jojo Kemp from DeLand is a dynamic guy in the open field. Stanley Williams is a freshman from Georgia that’s a good player. Mikel Horton is a kid from Cincinnati that’s a good player. He’s a true freshman as well.

“Balanced in what they do. They’re right at 40 points a game, 233 yards running and 296 passing. They haven’t had a turnover this year offensively.”

He also knows plenty about Ryan Timmons, UK’s top receiver who had 10 catches last week.

“Ryan Timmons is a very good player that’s good there. Ryan Timmons is a young man that we offered here. Thought he’s a heck of a football player. He does a really good job in space. They get him the ball in a bunch of situations in the passing game and the running game, very skilled guy,” the Florida coach said.

He wasn’t about to underestimate the UK defensive, either.

“Defensively, they’ve gone really to an odd structure they did last year now, it kind of looks exclusively, moving forward. Forced seven turnovers, (Bud) Dupree and (Za’Darius) Smith were the two guys that catch your eye. Two very good pass rushers, you’ve got to account for those guys on the edges,” Muschamp said.

“They run extremely well at linebacker, but the thing you see is they’re playing fast, they’re playing with a lot of confidence defensively. Mark’s done an outstanding job there. Special teams, they have a 53-yard field goal in the last ballgame so that’s a threat and their net punt’s over 40, so we need to be prepared there.”

Yes, Mark Stoops is rebuilding at UK and seems to have more athletes. But don’t forget Florida has won 27 straight games in this series, including 24-7 last year when the Gators won only four games.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 09-10-2014 11:16 AM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Muschamp is just setting us up for another thrashing. I think we are definitely getting better, but we're not good enough YET to compete with college football's big boys. I now FL had a down year last year, but they are not as bad as their 2013 record.

FL 42 UK 17

Maybe next year at home we will finally get them.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-10-2014 01:21 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking we can be a little more competitive in this game compared to the last few years. My only fear is that the youth on our team will be overwhelmed by the Florida crowd and big-game atmosphere. How will they respond if things start off poorly? If we lose, I hope it's something like 28-21 and not a two or three-touchdown deficit.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-10-2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
38-24 gators we are not deep enough. just yet. I just hope we can compete.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com