TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops says Florida physical with a bunch of athletes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops says Florida physical with a bunch of athletes
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-09-2014 06:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Stoops is telling anything that we all didn't know. We are in for one heck of a tough game and it's in the swamp.

Florida is coming off a season-opening 65-0 win over Eastern Michigan where quarterback Jeff Driskell completed 31 of 45 passes for 248 yards and a score and sophomore Kelvin Taylor rushed for 68 yards and two scores. Matt Jones ran for 65 yards and two scores and caught a touchdown pass. Sophomore Demarcus Robinson caught six passes for 123 and a score.

The Florida defense, among the nation’s best last year when the Gators finished only 4-8, allowed just 125 yards, including only 45 passing. Linebacker Neiron Ball had six tackles, including 2.5 for loss. Florida had 10 tackles for loss and seven players were credited with a quarterback hurry.

“Just the typical Florida team: physical, with a bunch of athletes out there, very fast, very well coached. They’re very aggressive defensively. They’re much improved offensively. Obviously they racked up a whole boat load of yards (last week),” Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said.

To Stoops, Florida’s defense looks as good as last year.

“Very good defensively. A bunch of guys I’m familiar with (through recruiting when he was at Florida State) and have watched come up through the high school ranks. I know their mentality, how they play,” Stoops said. “They’re very tough, they’re very aggressive. Vernon Hargreaves on the corner is exceptional. Donte Fowler, impact defensive end. So they’ve got some good guys. They’ve got a great scheme, they’re well coached.”

He says he has a “lot of respect” for Florida coach Will Muschamp, who is under pressure after last year’s finish.

“I think what you see is what you get. He’s a tough guy, defensive-minded guy, and they’re gonna play with that great passion, which, how can you not love that and appreciate that? Like I said, I think they’re much different offensively this year and they got some weapons and they got some real speed outside and a great scheme. So I think they’re much-improved offensively,” Stoops said.

Link

[ 09-09-2014, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-09-2014 10:26 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This pains me to say it but I think we lose this game 38-14. I just hope we can come out of it healthy. Hope im wrong on score. and Game would love to see us win. But we are not ready yet. for Gators. imo.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com