TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Blue and West probably won't play against Florida

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blue and West probably won't play against Florida
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-09-2014 08:19 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's to bad they won't be ready as we are going to need all our players if expect to beat a team like Florida. Hopefully a couple of our second stringers will step in and play the games of their life and we can upset the Gators.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops is not optimistic about having starting left guard Zach West back for Saturday night’s game at Florida.

West started the first game but did not play against Ohio in last week’s 20-3 win because of what Stoops said was a “weird” neck injury. Walk-on Cole Mosier started in his spot and is listed ahead of West on this week’s depth chart.

“I am worried about Zach,” said Stoops Monday. “It happened late in the week. He has a strange issue. He has some fluids. Thought he might have slept on it wrong or something caused nerve damage. He will not be cleared to play until he has full range of motion (in the neck).”

Stoops said it could by days, weeks or a month when West is cleared.

He plans to “move several guys” around to search for a backup to Mosier if West cannot play.

Redshirt freshman Kyle Meadows started at right tackle in UK’s opener when Darrian Miller was suspended. Miller came back to play last week and Stoops said he “probably graded out best” of any lineman. However, Meadows struggled against Ohio when he played with the switching defenses.

“Kyle Meadows in particular struggled and that is just from a lack of experience,” Stoops said.

Kentucky has running back Braylon Heard and receiver Javess Blue, who both missed the Ohio game with ankle injuries, listed day-to-day. However, he said “I don’t feel great” about getting Blue back.

Receiver Jeff Badet has not been cleared to play after injuring his eye in preseason and Stoops said he is also got “some things” left over from his broken leg from spring practice.

Another receiver, Alex Montgomery, has yet to play after injuring his knee midway of last season and needing surgery.

“I do expect Montgomery back, but not this week,” Stoops said when asked if Montgomery might be redshirted.

Link

[ 09-09-2014, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com