TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK injury report

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK injury report
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-07-2014 08:30 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are fortunate in not having any serious injuries so far.

Offensive guard Zach West did not start the game

“He had a weird injury late in the week,” Stoops said after the game. “I don’t know, it was — maybe he got banged at practice, maybe he slept on it funny, but he just had like a nerve issue that should be worked out I’d imagine here in a day or two, but he didn’t have full range in his neck so he couldn’t play.”

Defensive end Bud Dupree had to briefly leave the game with leg cramps.

Receivers Jeff Badet, Javess Blue and Alex Montgomery missed the game with injuries as did running back Braylong Heard. Stoops said Badet likely would not be back next week and he still was not sure about Blue and Heard.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-07-2014 08:43 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope to see all of them get back on the field. Dupree only having cramps was very good news. That being said, I imagine it will be sweltering down in the swamp at the Florida game. I remember the old days, when teams used to hand out salt tablets like candy. Not sure if they still do that, but I believe salt is something a body needs when you sweat a lot.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-08-2014 09:18 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What kind of injury could badgett have done to his eye, that would keep him out this many weeks with a tennis ball

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-08-2014 11:26 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, I found a article on his injury. Here is the skinny.

Badet got hit in the eye with one on August 16. On Friday, coach Mark Stoops said he would miss "at least" the opener against Tennessee-Martin and the game against Ohio.

"I hope right after that, yeah," Stoops said. "It is getting better. It's not as bad as it could have been, and it's getting better. From what I understand, these injuries take some time, and we have to be very careful with that, that that type of injury."

Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown said the team had been preparing without Badet. He had 22 catches for 285 yards and a touchdown in nine games as a freshman in 2013.

"It hurts. Not that this is a positive, but the good thing is we've been preparing without him," Brown said via CatsIllustrated.com. "He has not practiced since I want to say the fourth or fifth day in camp, so we've been preparing without him. He was coming back from the foot injury, we were taking him lightly. He was never out there making a whole bunch of plays, so it's not a let down from a team standpoint. I'm disappointed for him because he put in a lot of work to come back from the ankle injury he suffered in the spring, but he'll be ready."

Last season, WR Javess Blue, Kentucky's leading receiver, suffered an eye injury when he was hit in the face with a football. If things come in threes, Kentucky's receivers may want to wear goggles and helmet visors next year.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-08-2014 01:12 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
What kind of injury could badgett have done to his eye, that would keep him out this many weeks with a tennis ball

I am not a doctor, but maybe the medical advice is for the injury to heal, before taking a game action hit to the head, which can happen at any position but quite often with a receiver.

We have already seen the lawsuit with concussions. If teams go against medical advice, they could be sued, if a player gets a permanent injury. Not saying this is the case, but it could be, you never know.

[ 09-08-2014, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-08-2014 04:07 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Players are too wimpy tell dick Butkus he could not play cause he got hit with a tennis ball. geez lol

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com