TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Two plays gave Heard a memorable return

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two plays gave Heard a memorable return
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-31-2014 01:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heard is a big play guy and would bet we see more good runs from him all season.

Two plays produced two big memories for Braylon Heard.

Heard, a junior transfer from Nebraska, rushed for 116 yards and scored two touchdowns in the Wildcats’ 59-14 rout of Tennessee Martin Saturday in the season opener for both teams at Commonwealth Stadium.

Heard had an impressive showing in fall camp and was listed No. 1 on the team’s depth chart at running back and showed why he impressed the Kentucky coaching staff on his first career of the game, a 73-yard touchdown run with 1:44 remaining in the first half.

The jaunt by Heard jumpstarted an offensive performance that gave the Wildcats their first victory in a season opener since a 14-3 triumph over Western Kentucky in 2011. For Heard, he was glad to be back in the backfield.

“It felt great (to be back on the field),” he said. “I really enjoyed get back out there (on the field).”

The first carry by Heard fell 1-yard shy of his career high in a single game and was his longest carry in the collegiate ranks. Heard’s previous longest carry produced 27 yards during his sophomore season two years ago at Nebraska.

Heard credited center Jon Toth for creating the opening that paved the way to his first touchdown at Kentucky.
“He opened up for me and I had the easy part,” Heard said. “I just took it home.”

Although Heard’s first rush of the game was indeed impressive, he wasn’t finished.

His next touch out of the backfield, a 43-yard touchdown, established the junior career highs in most yardage in a game and most touchdowns with two. One game into his career with the Wildcats, Heard is on his way to surpassing the 348 yards he obtained in a single season with the Cornhuskers two years ago.

“Any running back, when they see daylight, they just take off,” he said. “On those (two plays), I saw (a lot of daylight).”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-31-2014 11:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heard may have the stat of a lifetime by gaining 116 yards, never tackled and scored 2 touchdowns.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com