TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops has a sense of humor...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops has a sense of humor...
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-31-2014 09:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is just a flat out good guy.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has not had many chances to show his sense of humor with the media here because of the rebuilding task he’s faced.

However, he got to do a bit of that after Saturday’s 59-14 win over UT-Martin.

Junior college transfer A.J. Stamps had an impressive debut at safety with eight tackles, including one for loss, and a one-handed, leaping interception.

‘It was important. It was good. It was good to see,” Stoops said about Stamps’ play. “You know, I got very creative there when we designed a very fancy defense and went out there and made that play (interception) I did. I taught them how to go at one hand and grab that. That’s how we drew it up.”

That brought a bunch of laughter from media members. So I shot out the obvious follow-up question to him: Why didn’t you teach that last year (when UK had only one interception)?

Stoops looked, laughed and shook his head.

“That’s good,” he said while laughing.

Then he added, “I’m a dumbass.”

No, he’s far from that but he’s honest and for his first time at UK got to enjoy a win where both the offense and defense made plays, the fans left feeling good and he got to show the sense of humor I’ve heard so much about.

Link

[ 08-31-2014, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com