TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Towels shows his confidence and Poise

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towels shows his confidence and Poise
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-30-2014 05:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A great start in his first game and his future looks bright.

If Patrick Towles was nervous in his first start at Kentucky, it never showed even though he admitted he didn’t sleep as well as he wanted Friday night.

The sophomore hit his first four passes, led four straight scoring drives in the first half and was generally in charge of what he wanted to do during Kentucky’s easy 59-14 win over UT-Martin here Saturday in UK’s first season-opening game in Commonwealth Stadium since 2007.

Towles won a three-way battle to become Kentucky’s starting quarterback and played like he more than deserved the job. He had a 23-yard touchdown run in the second half and threw a 29-yard scoring strike to Blake Bone, one of the big freshmen receivers that offensive coordinator Neal Brown said would make the passing offense look better and did.

Towles finished the day 20 of 29 passing for 377 yards and one touchdown in three quarters. He had seven completions of 20 or more yards — something that has not happened the last few years at Kentucky — including a 79-yard catch and run to Demarco Robinson and 59-yard connection with Ryan Timmons. Throw in his 30 total rushing yards and that’s 407 total yards — or 40 more than Jared Lorenzen, another Fort Thomas product, had in his UK starting debut against Louisville in 2000 and the most productive start for a UK quarterback since Dusty Bonner’s 409 yards in 1999.

“Patrick doesn’t lack for confidence, which is a good thing. He thinks he can make every run and every throw,” said Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown. “I knew he would be ready. On Wednesday, he had the best practice he’s had since I have been coaching him. I sent him a text the next morning and told him that. It’s not like he has not played under pressure. The quarterback at Highlands has pressure. I knew he would handle it and he did a good job.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com