TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentuckys non-conference football schedule

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentuckys non-conference football schedule
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-28-2014 08:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a article where a football fan thinks we should replace Louisville with Cincinnati. My feelings are Louisville is a must but would like to see us rotate playing Cincinnati and Western Kentucky every other year however wouldn't mind keeping the scheduling the way it has been over the years. What's your thoughts on Kentucky's scheduling?

Tom Groeschen of www.cincinnati.com noted this week that Cincinnati is discussing a home-and-home football series with Kentucky.

Long-time Kentucky fan Terry Hall of Louisville can see value in such a series.

“Starting in 1950, UK is 7-1-2 against the Bearcats, losing the last time we played them in 1996 and probably sped up Bill Curry’s demise. I’ve looked it up and we used to play Xavier of Cincinnati almost yearly before they gave up football,” Hall said.

“This series could make sense in that BCS teams are probably going to toughen their schedules going forward and of course we are now recruiting that Cincinnati area hard. I assume state politics will demand that we play UofL annually going forward but for me, if we’re going to just play one BCS team outside the conference then I would rather play UL maybe once every four years and have other regional BCS teams in that slot: IU, Cincy, Purdue, W.Va, Va Tech, even Ohio State or Notre Dame would be interesting to me.

“I”m a UK fan and every team we play is a rivalry game to me. I have no interest in continuing to help build UofL’s program. They seem to being doing fine and now in one of the Big 5 power conferences.”

His friend, Beau Harmon, has a different view.

“Louisville every year is a must in my opinion. We just gotta figure out how to beat them. I do like the idea of Cincinnati on the schedule, too, for the purpose of recruiting and having another manageable BCS opponent,” Harmon said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-28-2014 09:49 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This will never Happen, Cincinnati stands for everything, Ky stands against. Bill Kneightly told me one time, person to person, that after that stall basketball game Cincinnati, pulled off when tony yates was coaching uc. that Joe Hall and uk athletics said they would never schedule Cincinnati in anything anymore.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com