TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops feels confident going into season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops feels confident going into season
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-26-2014 04:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's really going to be interesting to see how much we have improved from last season which was pretty much a bust.

After going 2-10 in his first season at Kentucky, coach Mark Stoops says he feels a “lot better” as the Cats get set to open year two.

“You feel a lot more confident. But as I said, I think even as an assistant throughout all these years, you’re always anxious to get out there in the first game, see what you have, where you are. I know we’ve improved. We’ll see how much,” he said.

He says it is always “more comfortable” putting in the offense and defense in year two versus year one.

“We went through a transition last year in‑season. It was good to have a whole off‑season, see what we did well. Players are more comfortable. Coaches are. I feel good about that,” Stoops said.

Stoops will still have a young team and could play 10 true freshmen Saturday and will start two redshirt freshmen in the offensive line. Two junior college transfers could also start.

“We put them in pressure situations all through camp. We just got to throw them out there and see what they can do. I expect them to go out and play well,” Stoops said. “Some of the wide receivers will be forced into action. I want to say we have four redshirt freshmen that will play, four on the O‑line, ffour true freshmen will play at wide receiver.”

Stoops said there’s no magic formula for keeping new players calm.

“That’s part of the unknown that I say we’ll see and how you respond from year to year. Certainly with young guys, some guys are going to go out there for the first time and they’re going to exceed our expectations, then some guys will probably have some rough spots here and there, have some mental mistakes, physical mistakes, things like that,” Stoops said.

Link

[ 08-26-2014, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com