TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Forrest understands concerns about his play

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Forrest understands concerns about his play
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-25-2014 09:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that next Saturday the Cats will be playing their first game.

In some ways, Josh Forrest can see why Kentucky fans might be worried about the team’s linebackers going into Saturday’s season-opening game against UT-Martin. In other ways, though, he thinks fans should not be worried so much.

“I can see because they don’t really know anybody. Everybody is gone. But I feel like we are going to get the job done, so they shouldn’t worry so much,” said Forrest.

He’s inheriting the task of replacing Avery Williamson, UK’s top tackler the last two seasons who is now with the Tennessee Titans, at middle linebacker.

“I think my speed and quickness helps. I feel like my height helps, too,” said Forrest, a 6-3, 235-pound junior from Paducah.

While he’s not as heavy as some Southeastern Conference middle linebackers, he’s seen smaller linebackers like Wesley Woodyard and Danny Trevathan both use their speed to succeed at UK before adding bulk once they got to the NFL.

“I have been thinking about that. They didn’t put on a lot of weight until they got to the NFL. I am hoping that is what happens with me,” Forrest said.

He didn’t play football at Paducah Tilghman until his junior year — he was also a standout basketball player — and caught 46 passes for 855 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior. He also intercepted seven passes during his senior season and returned three for touchdowns and had an 85-yard fumble return for a touchdown.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com