TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Ware appreciative to his supporters

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ware appreciative to his supporters
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-22-2014 04:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Denzil is going to be a big time player for the Cats maybe even this season and by the time he is a senior he is going to be special.

Like most high school football stars, Denzil Ware’s dream is to play in the National Football League.

But if that doesn’t work, the Kentucky freshman defensive lineman says his dream job would be coaching at Crestview (Fla.) High School

“I mean my community invested a lot into me. They just looked out for me. If I ever had a problem, they were there for me, so I just wanted to give back to my community,” said Ware, a four-star prospect ranked as the 113th best player in the 2014 recruiting class by ESPN.com. “It is not a guarantee that I will make it to the NFL or be some star. But it is guaranteed that I can get an education and give back. If the NFL didn’t work out, I could always give back to the guys and give back to them and teach them what I was always taught.”

Ware insists he learned a lot. He left Crestview during his junior year while his basketball team was involved in postseason play to transfer to an Alabama high school. He did that after his football coach at Crestview left for another job. However, he soon moved back to Crestwood.

“I had to mature a lot. My coach had left and then I moved. When I came back people were still upset with me that I left and I had to earn a lot of people’s trust back, and I understood that,” he said. “I also had a chance to grow up and learn that a commitment is a commitment. I had committed to play for my high school and that’s where I grew up and that’s the people that raised me and I just turned my back on them. So it really taught me how to stay with my word and everything else.”

He chose Kentucky over Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Ohio State, Texas, Southern Cal and more. However, he backed off his commitment to UK once before keeping his verbal pledge.

“I had schools still trying to get me to flip and I would tell them every time where I am committed is my home and I am not going anywhere and I am going to sign there,” Ware, who had 56 tackles as a high school senior, said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com