TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Boom Williams wants to live up to no. 18 legacy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boom Williams wants to live up to no. 18 legacy
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-18-2014 10:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The no. 18 has a lot of tradition behind it and Williams will have his work cut out for him to match the likes of Cobb and Tamme.

Stanley “Boom” Williams would have preferred to still wear No. 1 like he did during his Georiga prep career, but sophomore Ryan Timmons already had that number when Williams got to Kentucky in June.

That left Williams with a dilemma about his number.

“I was just thinking about the numbers I wanted. Eighteen came to mind. Randall Cobb, Jacob Tamme. The first thing that was said to me was, ‘You know what you are asking for and you have got big shoes to fill.’ I stepped up to the challenge. I have a couple of challenges to step up to earning my name here in Kentucky and stepping up and being a big player as previous players to wear No. 18,” said Williams.

He knows following the legacy of Tamme, an all-SEC tight end now playing with the Denver Broncos, and Cobb, an all-SEC receiver now playing with Green Bay, will not be easy.

“I actually watched Kentucky when I was younger. Randall Cobb and Jacob Tamme and those guys and watched them make a lot of big plays. Wearing this number, I have to make a lot of big plays and come up big. I know that,” Williams said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com