TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Still no decision on QB but i's coming soon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still no decision on QB but i's coming soon
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-17-2014 09:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet once they decide on one, the next in line will get some playing too. They just seem to be awfully close in talent and the one that plays the best in game decision will be the one who will start in the conference games.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said quarterbacks continued to split reps in practice Saturday but that could soon be changing.

“They each rotated. Again, they all did some good things and did some bad things. So we’ll get in there today and evaluate this film and evaluate the past couple weeks and see where we’re at,” said Stoops after Saturday’s scrimmage.

Stoops said while he was not ready to name a starter Saturday, he said that could change after film evaluation.

“If we’re ready, if we feel like we have a decision after that, then we’ll make an announcement. If we don’t, then we’ll wait,” said Stoops. “I’m not going to feel rushed by that. We’ve got to get it right.

“I think each quarterback has really shown that they’re capable of leading this offense. Each of them have made some mistakes, like you’d anticipate. We’ve got to get it figured out. We’ll get in there and watch all this tape and see if we’re ready to make a decision. We’ll see where that goes.”

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown knows what he wants to study on the film.

“I want to see who manages our tempo and there’s a lot of things that go into that as far as getting the signal, getting us going. It’s different. It’s hard to talk about. It’s easy to see, though,” Brown said. “Different quarterbacks operate our offense differently. How quick they get the signal, communicate it with the o-line, those types of things, so that’s important.

“I want to see who makes the best decision, especially, especially on crucial downs, third downs and I want to see who’s the most accurate. Those are some of the things I’m going to be looking at.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com