TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops more confident than anytime last year

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops more confident than anytime last year
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-17-2014 09:20 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That doesn't mean he thinks we will go undefeated but I bet we will look a lot better than anytime since he has been here. The SEC is just to darn strong and we still have a ways to go before we become remotely competitive. If we can win two games in the SEC it would be a good start.

If you are a Kentucky football fan looking for reasons to be optimistic going into the season, let coach Mark Stoops give you a confidence boost.

“I feel very good. I feel much more confident obviously than any time last year. We’re much further along. They’ve been really good about going about their work and just trying to take care of business each day and get better and be fundamentally better. X’s and O’s, schematically we’re doing a lot of things better,” Stoops said Saturday.

“We still have a ways to go, but I like where we’re at. I really do. I think we have a good group. I think we have some better leadership than we’ve ever had since I’ve been here. We’re starting to develop some playmakers. The tough thing is you’re still counting on some young guys. That makes it frustrating at times.

‘But, it is what it is. Nobody’s going to feel sorry for you, so you just go out there and get better and develop them and keep on plugging along. That’s why at times I think we look real clean and at other times we look a little bit messy. We’re working on it.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com