TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Blake Bone is unique but fits in with teammates

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blake Bone is unique but fits in with teammates
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2014 10:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's great to hear that all the players and coachs are enjoying each other as that's what athletics are all about.

Freshman receiver Blake Bone thought he might be a bit of an oddball at Kentucky because of his unique personality.

After all, he said he might show up in Lexington with colored hair or different haircuts — he had a Mohawk at Media Day.

However, Bone has found that he fits right in with his freshman teammates who spent time trying to tie teammates’ shoes together during interviews at Media Day as well joking during interviews or jumping into the backgrounds of TV interviews and photos.

“It just shows basically that we are like having fun. These guys are clowns really. It is just a fun atmosphere to be in and shows the enthusiasm and everybody is ready to play and everybody is goofing off. When you look at them, you just have to have fun,” said Bone, a 6-5 receiver that has the length and size offensive coordinator Neal Brown wanted and needed.

Bone said Thaddues Snodrass, a freshman receiver from Ohio, “is a weird dude” and meant that as a compliment.

“Let me tell you that right now. He is really weird. I am outgoing myself but that dude is from another planet,” Bone said.

Lexington is not “another planet” but it is different than South Carolina.

“It is different than South Carolina. I will not kid you. But it is exciting just getting to play and know the players,” Bone said. “Eating with them, working out every day. I am trying to make everything go slower. The offseason went by fast. I am ready to make plays.

“Now that I have got here and am learning the playbook slowly and everything, I feel I can actually make plays in the offense instead of sitting on the sideline this year. I am just very excited. It is a different level and I knew that coming in. But it makes me excited getting out there and working on my release and route running against these SEC defensive backs and that makes me confident.”

But what about his worries that he might be too outgoing for UK teammates?

“They love guys that have character. We have too many guys that try to fit in. Not enough guys are trying to stand out. It is really part of my game. I am excited to be around this group of guys that actually share some common traits I have,” Bone said. “I have really haven’t ever been around guys like this. I wish I could say my high school (was), but nothing prepared me for this right here. Everybody loves the game and sport. At the end of the day, it’s just fun to be around them.”

He says the offensive players “are a good group of guys” to be around.

“Across the board we have good players at running back, tight end, receiver,” Bone said. “The quarterbacks are kind of like the cool guys. Overall, as a group we bond together great and have fun.”

What about the coaches? Are they fun loving, too?

“They are laid back. They are straight business when it comes to practice and working out, but other than that they like to have a good time, too,” Bone said.

Bone said his major problem has been the same one most freshmen have — the faster tempo of play.

“As soon as I get that down, everything will be cake,” he said.

He’s not been overwhelmed by the physical play.

“I knew that coming in. We watch cut-ups (film) every day of cornerbacks and stuff. You can tell that they are men. You know what I am saying,” he said. “We are working on our physicality as receivers. We have to work on our craft first and if we get ourselves down with our technique, I don’t have any worries.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com