TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Towles realized sulking did not help

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towles realized sulking did not help
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-14-2014 02:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear he now is on the right track and doing well.

didn’t take Patrick Towles long last summer to realize he had two choices. So he tried them both.

Facing the likelihood that he would be redshirted after finishing third in Kentucky’s quarterback battle a year ago, Towles weighed his options.

He knew he probably wasn’t going to play, but he didn’t yet know how he was going to react to that, and it took some time before he found out.

“There’s two options when you get redshirted,” Towles said last week at Kentucky’s media day. “You can sulk, and you can be like, ‘Gosh, I want to play,’ and you can waste that year, or you can be like, ‘Hey, I have an opportunity to get better, to improve and to play better,’ so that’s what I did,” Towles said. “I took option 1 for about three or four days, and after that I realized that nothing good was going to get done unless I took option two.”

There were questions about whether he had a future at Kentucky. There were rumors that he might transfer. But now, a year later, there is Towles again, right in the middle of another quarteback sweepstakes.

This time, however, Towles is sure he is better prepared to win the job as the Wildcats’ starter, in part because of what he learned from last year.

“I realized that what I was doing wasn’t good enough, so I had to do something that made it good enough,” he said. “I got my feet faster, my release is quicker, so I’m excited.”

He insists his mindset is no different this summer than last.

“I’m just mentally prepared,” he said. “I guess I’m more experienced, my knowledge is more, but same mindset, I’m going in here to win this job.”

Kentucky coaches said Towles was one of the team’s improved players in spring practice, saying he took advantage of his redshirt year by improving his fundamentals and footwork.

“He still has some work to do on his throws, but he’s improving on his ability to get the ball out quicker and faster,” offensive coordinator Neal Brown said last week.

Towles gives much of the credit for his improvement to Brown and to Donny Walker, his private coach.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com