TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brown has 3 goals for the offense

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brown has 3 goals for the offense
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-11-2014 09:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to have goals and if we can meet those goals we are going to be much improved.

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown: I think now what our three goals as an offensive staff for our unit is, number one, improve our tempo. I’ve got a saying that right now it’s tempo above all. So we want to improve our tempo first.
“Secondly, we’ve got to get fundamentally better at each position group and as an individual player. The third thing is we’ve got to develop a mentality. We’ve got to have a more offensive mentality. We’ve got to be able to overcome adversity. We’ve got to expect to convert third downs. We’ve got to expect to score touchdowns in the red zone.
“So those are our three goals. If you want to break it down a little bit further, I think one of the key things for us moving forward ‑‑ there’s a couple things. When I look at it, how can we make big jumps statistically? If you make big jumps statistically, you’re going to change the outcome of games.
“The two givens are holding onto the ball, which is something we did a really good job of last year, and we emphasize that on a daily basis. I think that’s a coaching. And then penalties. We need to reduce our penalties, especially unforced error penalties, procedure penalties, those types of things, delay of games, anything like that. So those are givens. Then what we’ve got to do is we’ve got to be better on first down. Drive starters and first down, first play of the drive. If you go back and kind of look through my career, our staff’s career as an offensive coordinator, if we’ve gotten a first down in our initial drive, if we’ve gotten that first down, we’ve been pretty successful.
“So I want to see us be much better on drive starters and then much better overall first downs because last year we weren’t very good on third down, and that’s the truth. But a lot of that was due to us not being very good on first down. Most teams aren’t going to be very good at third and seven or longer.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com