TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Marcus Walker talks about recommitting to UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marcus Walker talks about recommitting to UK
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-28-2014 07:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is going to turn out to be one heck of a player and we are lucky to have him.

Florida safety Marcus Walker said that the best advice high school teammate Luke Hiers gave him after he de-committed to UK was that once he visited UK, he would be sold on the Wildcats since Walker made his original verbal commitment without taking a visit.

That’s why he decided to re-open his recruitment and got offers from schools such as Florida, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and more.

“I know now Kentucky is the right place for me and the best offer,” Walker said. “I thought that when I first committed. Then I talked to my family and felt maybe I should be-commit to see what other schools had to offer. I got over 30 offers. I visited some places, but it did not feel right. I went to Kentucky and instantly fell in love with it and how the coaches treated me. I loved the facilities.

“I had not been on campus when I first committed. People were saying stuff in my ear. But now that I have been to Kentucky, I know it is for me. The coaching staff showed how much they cared for me and that they are going to care about me after football.”

Walker considers himself a “smart player” who likes to watch film and study opponents.

“If the ball is in the air, I am going to go get it and make a play,” Walker said. “Most coaches tell me I am a game-changer. I can go back and make plays. I will come down and make a hit. I am a complete player. I put the team first before me.

“But I like changing the game on defense. I hear a lot about offense selling tickets and defense winning championships. I am hoping to get us over the hump and win a SEC championship for Kentucky.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com