TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Juco receiver hopes to catch on with the Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Juco receiver hopes to catch on with the Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-28-2014 08:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has good credentials and bet he has a good chance of becoming a Cat.

The UK football team found immediate success at the wide receiver position last year with Javess Blue, a junior-college acquisition who led the Cats in every pass-catching category during his first season in Lexington.

Darrion Landry might be the next player to follow that path.

Landry, like Blue, is a highly touted wide receiver in the junior-college ranks. He caught 45 passes for 766 yards and five touchdowns last season for Blinn College in Texas, leading the squad in all three categories.

Blinn will employ a run-and-shoot offense under a new head coach this season, and Landry has set personal goals of more than 1,000 yards, 10 or more touchdowns and All-American honors.

He'll also be picking his next school sometime during the course of the season.

Landry called UK the "front-runner" in his recruitment, which also includes scholarship offers from Illinois, UAB and heavy interest from Utah.

"I love how all of the fans come together, and everybody is one," Landry said of UK. "The whole BBN movement on Twitter — that makes me feel like everybody is together. You tweet, 'BBN,' and everybody just comments back to you.

"And I feel like Kentucky is on the rise and will be in the Top 25."

UK wide receivers coach Tommy Mainord is Landry's primary recruiter and checks in on the three-star prospect every two weeks or so. The 6-foot-3, 195-pound player has the size that Kentucky's coaches are looking for at the position, and he'd be a nice addition to a 2015 class that already includes taller-than-average receivers Jabari Greenwood and Alex Stump.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com