TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brown turning the heat up on his quarterbacks

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brown turning the heat up on his quarterbacks
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-25-2014 01:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One would think they would know by now which one is ready but evidently none of the four has shown he is that much better than the other three.

Maybe he only did it because he knew he was meeting with the media before the Greater Louisville Alumni Association luncheon Friday in Louisville, but offensive coordinator Neal Brown met with quarterbacks Reese Phillips, Maxwell Smith, Drew Barker and Patrick Towles Friday morning.

“I’ve got a good feel for how they learn, what makes them learn, what makes them tick, what motivates them,” Brown said. “Now what we’re going to do is turn up the heat on them. I’m going to try to put a lot of pressure on them early, see which one of them reacts.”

Players report Aug. 4 for preseason camp and Brown says settling on a starting quarterback quickly is a priority.

“We’re going to throw a lot at them and try to put them in tough situations,” he said.“I think they’re fresh, which is important at this time. I know they’ve got a much better feel for the offense than they did even in the spring. I’m excited to see them.”

Link

[ 07-25-2014, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-25-2014 09:49 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised if Maxwell smith won the starting job

[ 07-26-2014, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: rlt4uk ]

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-26-2014 07:59 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
I wouldn't be surprised if Maxwell smith won the starting job

I would imagine that you said that, tongue in cheek.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-26-2014 08:05 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After the spring game, it appeared to me, that the starting QB spot is Patrick Towles' to lose.

My theory on the QB competition is that the staff is not naming a starter to play mind games with the players for motivational purposes, telling them if they are not improving each day, they will not win the job. (That is only a guess. I do not have any inside information.)

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 07-26-2014 08:25 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom is right imo, Towles is clearly the best qb, at this time, and has a very strong arm, if Towles don't start, it's just well his own fault.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com