TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Braylon Heard is ready to roll

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Braylon Heard is ready to roll
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-25-2014 12:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Players probably sick of practice and want to get out on the gridiron and show their stuff.

Maybe he’s not counting the days until the season starts, but Kentucky running back Braylon Heard is ready to play.

“I am really anxious to get out and play,” said Heard, who could not play last year after transferring from Nebraska. “I am sure it is going to be fun out there. Our fans were great all spring and I can only imagine what the regular season is going to be like.”

Heard, an Ohio prep star, figures to give UK a fast, elusive back.

“I am not sure how fast I am. I guess I am pretty fast,” he laugh and said.

Can anybody on the team catch him?

“I don’t think so. But football speed is different,” Heard said. “However,I would say my speed is my strength. I try to make moves. You have to make moves in this league to keep people off you and keep from getting bumps and bruises.’

He admits last season “was a little frustrating” after he made the decision to get back closer to home to finish his collegiate career.

“I knew my time was coming. I feel I learned a lot from coach (Chad) Scott and other guys,” Heard said. “It was the first time that I was on a team and not playing. Coming out of high school I had a break and wasn’t on team. Just some school stuff caused that. But that did help my redshirt year some because I kind of knew what not playing was like.”

Heard admits he’s a “lot older than most of these guys” including those — JoJo Kemp, Josh Clemons, Mikel Horton, Boom Williams — he will compete with for playing time in the deep Kentucky backfield.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com